Friday, April 8, 2011

Regular 'Ol Workout Revelation...

Yesterday I attended a small group personal training session at the place where I practice pole and I was immediately reminded on why I prefer pole workouts. I just do not like the "workout" (hell I don't like anything that feels like exercise to be honest...lol) it's almost too damn strenuous for no damn reason. I'm not a fan of running number uno because i'm not running around with 34 A/B cups. I am a D/DD cup... So between running, jumping jacks, and other things that make the girls flop all over.. I am holding my chest the entire time. Even when my sports bra doubled down. It's just very uncomfortable.
Yeah, I'm good and sweaty after the workout but can't I get some of the same results without the stress? Yep- I sure can. I may not see the results as fast, but I just can't get with it. I've got a bad knee and a back that ain't so great so all of this jump, get down push up and repeat all the way down the hall stuff is for the birds. I went through bootcamp and know what I used to be able to do, and these days I cannot do it. Well- I probably could, but I will NOT put myself through any uneeded/uneccesary pain, uncomfortableness etc just to say "I tough it out" or "I workout hard" , It's just not good for my current physical situation after the military... Not for the joints, knees or back. I'd rather do a bunch of crunches/sit-ups on a stable foot hold and push an elliptical for 45 minutes to an hour... "manual workouts" are not for me. It also helped me re-realize that pole just does not feel like a workout at all (while it very much is) and that's what I LOVE most about it. Maybe the fact that I know it is a workout but doesn't feel like one is why I haven't stopped showing up, don't get tired of doing it, look forward to, and enjoy doing it.

When I got home later that night I pondered going to the "workout" session at least once a week, but then I thought about how much I truly disliked it and said the hell with what THEY think- cancelled all of those classes and scheduled pole classes instead. I do not regret it one bit nor do I feel like I am cheating myself out of a "better workout". I'm sure some folks might look at me like "I can't hang" lol and that's okay... I'd rather get my excercise "hanging" on a pole. #ohwell

That's my look when doing regular exercise.... Is it done yet? This is boring as hell.

No comments: